PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North Korea!
Thread: North Korea!
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2017, 21:19
air pig

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by barnstormer1968
Air pig.
While I hope this all just dies down I have given a lot of thought to what could happen after any US strikes.
This is a very interesting discussion point as we are obviously dealing with a population who have a culture of worshipping their leader (I know the culture is there but have no idea just how much of the applause/crying is genuine).
We cant even know if tubby will survive any attacks.
If he dies goodness knows what would follow, if he does then would the population rise up in anger and who would the anger be against. If he lives would he become a more superior god like figure in NK culture?
Interesting times lay ahead.
I totally agree with your comments, whilst the US et al have the ability to lay a large part of NK to waste land, what happens next. China is worried that there maybe be a multi-million person move north across their border and I suspect will not tolerate a US et al first strike.

If they do attack even in retaliation, and overwhelm the NK forces and force surrender, then they have a responsibilty to the NK population, would they make the same errors as happened in Iraq. Could they control and calm the civil population which has been in effect brainwashed over the years by the Kim dynasty.

Should Kim and his accolytes survive and be captured like Saddam Hussein, what do you do with him, an international court or a court of his countryfolk?

Some recent comments hereare discussing weapons systems and strike capabilities, but whilst you may attack, the cconsequences of the attack need to be thought through, because if Kim attacks SK and destorys Soeul and other cities he will not have a lot to lose and by that he could employ his 5.5 million army with massive losses plus the use of various WMD he holds.

Before anything happens I do hope that this has been thought through, but I suspect not.

Last edited by air pig; 14th Aug 2017 at 21:30.