PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prestwick-2
Thread: Prestwick-2
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2017, 16:13
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The airport just needs one big announcement at the terminal to get the place buzzing again and I imagine they will be working hard to achieve that goal and then some.
Like what? Really, like what? This is a fantasy. By all means support your local team but please, @TRN1K, select one airline that you honestly think will drive sufficient passangers through PIK to make money.

Matthew Hudson was a commercially aware businessman who I believe sunk some of his own money into PIK / ACAP. He was realistic and pretty ruthless to save the airport from closure. This allowed the business to be sold to Stagecoach and later Infratil who between them, completely lost control of costs.
Main deck cargo is going away, Air France are not replacing their last two B777Fs, Singapore are folding Cargo back into mainline as it shrinks, Polar and Atlas have gone. I wasn't suggesting replacing the terminal, I was suggesting building a slightly more fit for purpose GA facility on Apron G. Close the terminal and sell off the land.

I hope to god there is life in the old dog yet, but as the days, weeks and years go on, I am sadly becoming less and less convinced.
Agreed, I was a passionate supporter for years then moved away and saw the big old world. Kinda heart breaking to see what's happenend but this can't go on.