PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ROUTE SPECULATION
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2017, 13:32
AvGeek1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EI-BUD
Avgeek1,

Food for thought there! Easyjet wont touch the Scaninavian volume routes, has never been attractive. Eastern Europe is Wizz turf and Ryanair too competing in the general London market makes the suggested route to Krakow unlikely...

They now do Southend Paris, highly unlikely they'd put an STN on aswell. They've had a very mixed relationship with ZRH, axing their operation before, and then only resuming an LGW route upon foot of Aer Lingus's entry to the market. Einhoven was one of the few Aer Lingus routes that easyJet didn't jump into, do I'm sure they've ran the rule over it.

The MAN options would sound more likely.

Turkey is expected to grow next year, so perhaps!

EasyJet play it very safe and dont take big gambles with share holders money... so if Wizz, Ryanair, Norwegian are in town, or indeed Vueling, easyJet are unlikely to open routes there ...
I think your wrong if I'm honest, I do agree that easyJet are safer than airlines like Ryanair, but recently we have seen them launching operations into markets we didn't think they would. They launched Luton-Stockholm, where Norwegian are serving from LGW, British Airways & SAS from LHR & Ryanair from Stansted. They have also launch several other routes into Stockholm like Milan and Bristol & Basel have been announced. They have also launch Are Ostersund from Gatwick & Copenhagen shortly. You cannot say that easyJet won't touch Scandanvia because they have! Are Ostersund may not be a 'volume route' but Stockholm sure is with the amount of competition.

Kraków isnt even served by Wizz, and is growing significantly recently, and Krakow is served from many U.K. airports successfully and Luton is the biggest one without a Kraków link.

I do think Stansted is such a strange set up for easyJet, minimal growth has been seen and with Jet2 now at Stansted it makes easyJet more worthless. As I have said before they need to move routes like Bilbao & Asturias to Gatwick/Luton and serve Amsterdam, Belfast & Edinburgh from these bases instead of from a Stansted base.

easyJet have been slowly but surely filling the gaps at Manchester with recent additions including Paris, Milan, Kraków, Porto etc.