PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2017, 11:14
TRN1K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by beyond the boundary
The best management team I worked with was under Matthew Hudson and I`d have him back in a heartbeat. Was instrumental in getting the Ryanair operation up and running, brought in cargo carriers like Lufthansa, Air France and Polar Air Cargo. Back harsh.then we even still managed transatlantic summer charters, even though the scheduled stuff had moved to Glasgow.
So you would take maybe 3 Ryanair's a day, a freighter if lucky, no regular USAF?

What about the days around 2006/7, when PIK was supporting several daily 747s, North American 767s, high levels of USAF (granted, during 2 full scale wars in the Middle East), booming Ryanair, a brilliant charter programme?

I know what I would rather.

The airport just needs one big announcement at the terminal to get the place buzzing again and I imagine they will be working hard to achieve that goal and then some. For anybody to suggest the Scottish Govt are happy sitting back watching the management take high wages is a complete joke. The military and tech stop business is doing not bad, considering the extra threat in Northern Ireland which never existed before. There may be potential for Cargo, and I am sure that all options are being explored.

In my opinion, another year for the terminal with no new business then I will be seriously concerned. There is still life in the old dog yet.