PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Carrier (Including Costs)
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2017, 07:52
SpazSinbad

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
Other functions - not that I give a damn because.... not my country but - to me - interesting PDF from 10 Aug 2016 (one year ago so it may be out of date - crabs squib again).

Queen Elizabeth Class Carriers Air Maritime Integration Captain Nick Walker Royal Navy Naval Staff – Policy Carrier Strike and Aviation 10 Aug 2016
"...Carrier Enabled Power Projection (CEPP) Protecting our nation’s interests
An integrated and sustainable joint capability, interoperable with NATO, that enables the projection of UK Carrier Strike and Littoral Manoeuvre power as well as delivering humanitarian assistance and defence diplomacy, enabling joint effect across the maritime, land and air environments at a time and place of political choosing. (CEPP CONEMP, Single Statement of User Need)..." http://www.williamsfoundation.org.au...810_Walker.pdf (1.9Mb)
"When a sailor learns to fly, he remains a sailor, and the air for him is merely the roof of the sea." Sir Walter Raleigh, ‘War in the Air’ 1922.
Protecting our nation’s interests The subliminal power of definitions
Maritime Power (AJP 3.1)
Military, political and economic power exerted through the use of the sea, and exercised by sea, air and land resource.

Air Power (AJP 3.3)
The ability to use air capabilities to influence the behaviour of actors and the course of events."