PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Lawsuit: 7 dismissed pilots suing over discrimination
Old 14th Aug 2017, 07:42
why panic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetstar Lawsuit: 7 dismissed pilots suing over discrimination

How well does Jetstar Australia monitor and/or control the ethical behaviour of it's subsidiary companies? Judging by this long running lawsuit against Jetstar Japan, it would appear that out in the provinces you can get away with anything.

Three years ago, Jetstar recruited around 20 highly experienced A320 Captains for their Tokyo based fledgling airline. It is alleged they were all subjected to an appalling array of dirty tricks including, unnecessary medical tests, lost documents, constant translation errors, and ridiculous sim failures while the local low houred Japanese pilots sailed through. None of this group was ever allowed to fly. Some of this group passed all checks and medicals and still couldn't fly. The Australian managers just stood back and watched. The end result is a number of lawsuits presently going through the Japanese courts. There our five in one class action group and two individual cases. I believe the two individual cases have both received positive judgments.

There is a current effort to see if these cases can be brought before the Australian courts as Jetstar the parent must bear at least some responsibility, anyway, that is one for the lawyers.

If this thread is not deleted, I will keep readers informed of developments also if any members of the press want further information I can give them a book full.