PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brisbane nav training/planning
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2017, 00:06
Lozq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ia8825
YRED YBSU yamb ybaf YBCG BN YRED). Expect radar vectors between the Gold Coast and Brisbane. If you get through that without annoying any controllers too bad your ready for CPL as far as CTA goes
You sound like the kind of instructor I would sometimes hate flying with, and then deeply appreciate in the future when other people I meet say 'At *insert airline-esque flight school here* they didn't let us fly through military airspace, land on unsealed strips, etc'. A young lady I knew did most of her training somewhere in Melbourne, where they wouldn't let students fly over water. Her first major nav in Tassie was SEP across the Bass Strait. Funny, how schools are different. Insurance thing, or CFI preference I wonder?

On the topic of annoying controllers, I think I have a bit of an inferiority complex. I always feel that as a VFR training flight I don't really have a right to be getting in the way of RPT traffic, clogging up airspace for no real reason. Of course, without doing just that I'd never get the experience needed but still - I always feel a bit guilty doing it, and tend to plan routes under/around CTA's.