PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2017, 21:06
ScotsSLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BTB's comments are very similar to comments posted on a Prestwick Facebook page where every so often a rant comes flying in about BFS taking C130s from PIK. The FB ones are similar in that they are also pretty thin on actual facts. I had a wee check and I would reckon that PIK handled over 40 C130s over June and July plus a raft of C135s, C17s and KC-10s plus some smaller US military types. There is undoubtedly strong competition out there from BFS, SNN and on occasion GLA and EDI for military stopovers but overall PIK appears to be competing well on this front. (Interesting to note that Global Trek's main registered office is in the Prestwick Aerospace Park)

I have been monitoring PIK for well over 40 years now and worked there as a student in the late 70s plus had an office in the terminal during the mid 2000s when the airport was at its peak. From a non PAX point of view I would suggest that today it is busier with military stop overs, ferry flights and biz jet tech / fuel stops than I can ever remember. The key challenges are still the downturn in worldwide dedicated jet freighter cargo and the PAX operations so let's see what the next set of financials bring.