PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 13th Aug 2017, 20:44
going_up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by havick
Check your PM's
I am so sorry. I wrote to PPrune regarding me not being able to receive PMs.

I have created an email [email protected]

I am able to answer any questions regarding coming across to Skywest on the E3 visa.

I can assure you that a 3 year degree, or a degree of any nature is not the be all and end all. You are required to have a 4 year degree or its equivalent (12 years work experience in the specified field of work). How does this work? For every year of tertiary study, it equates to 3 years work experience.

For example, you took 2 years of full time study to become a commercial pilot with all the bells and whistles. You would need another 6 years work experience equivalent. To the US consulates credit, they do honestly look at things on a case by case basis. We only had one guy knocked back, the simple reason as they he did not wait to receive his paperwork for Skywest and did not have the required documentation to have the visa approved.

I am sorry for the late reply. As I said, I ned to with this and just decided to look up and see what the "web" is saying about our recent recruitment of more than 30 plus Australians.