PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight subsidies - N Ireland
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2003, 23:29
glynn-kayes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALLMCC,i just saw the caa figures for the last quarter which every airline has to submit and ezy are no1 followed by bmi on bhd/lhr.in third is be and 4th fr ldy/stn,anyway its nice to have an argument with someone who keeps it light and dosent have to stoop to levels that others use by just thowing swipes at each other.As i said before we all should wait and see and i think there will be a few surpises on the way.My argument has always been 1 airport for northern ireland and airlines competing, not airports competing with each other.Northern ireland has too few a population for 3 airports trying to compete and belfast too small a city to feed 2 airports and that has kept continental operators from coming in to the province for years.Or if they have come in they havent lasted because how many times have you and i heard <oh the wee airports handy for me ,or, oh aldergroves handy for me>.Northen Ireland needs rationisation of airports and until then, and only then will we see an abundance of new routes lots of competition and for the first time the comsumer in the driving seat with his or her choice.