PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nexus Aviation Saudi Arabia
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2017, 21:39
pinkus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been waiting some time to post this, but had to wait until my ties to this goat show were completely severed.

My aim in posting, is to spare others the trouble of working for Nexus. If you are considering a job with Nexus, my story it is a bit long winded, so let me save you time if you’re in a rush.

REASONS NOT TO WORK FOR NEXUS
- You like getting paid.
- You enjoy working for a safe, well run company
- Job security is important to you

REASONS TO WORK FOR NEXUS
- No one else will hire you. ANYWHERE
- You have no social skills and/or mental health defecits that prevent you from functioning in any other workplace ( You’ll LOVE Nexus, you’ll have a corner office in no time)
- You want a management role on your CV and only have experience in dodgy brothers outfits in the developing world.

If you’ve got a spare 5 minutes,read on.

I was cabin crew with the company for 3 years. I was terminated, effective immediately, no reason given, even after asking several times.

The reason “not given” being, Nexus lost a HUGE project, a crew member, who is very “loyal” to the CEO, was out of a job and was given mine.

I was terminated, not only out of the country, but, whilst breaking my trip from home back to work for a few days. A ticket Nexus booked for me, so knew they had terminated me in transit. I was told HR would send me my salary expenses and benefits.

Knowing the problems others were having getting paid, and that labor law requires you to be in country to cancel your residence visa ( failure to do so would stop me working in Saudi in the future), I used my ticket that had already been purchased to return and fight for my money.

On my return, Nexus cancelled my exit visa and threatened me that my being in the country was illegal, I should leave and they would send me my money. As a Saudi resident, I was not “illegal” this was a threat to try to scare me away.

For 2 and a half months I was, effectively, held prisoner in Saudi Arabia. Nexus repeatedly told me I should leave and they would send me what I was owed. VVIP FLYER being a good friend of mine, I knew this was utter horse crap. The company ignored emails for weeks at a time. NO ONE in the office answers the phone ,when you call people in managements cell numbers they promise to call you back and never do.

I was unable to look for a new job as I did not know how long I was to be trapped.

Finally, a tremendously kind offer of help from some one with “wasta” got me paid. I should have been paid more , but that involved a court case, and staying in Saudi for another 6 months, not earning money and slowly going bonkers. After 10 weeks as a female in Saudi in the middle of summer not knowing when I could leave, I was already beginning to unravel a little. Were it not for my well connected saviour, I have little doubt I would still be trapped.

The icing on the cake, when I FINALLY got paid and tried to leave, it transpired Nexus had cancelled my residence visa 8 weeks before they paid me. As such, I my final exit visa had expired. I had to pay an over stay fine, change my ticket and get a new exit visa processed the next day. A class act till the end.

Some fun info about the company, if you are still reading.

- 5 projects lost in the last 2 years. The GIV mentioned is one of these. Mismanagement being the cause of almost all of these losses.
- Over $1,000,000 USD owed to the crew compound in Riyadh, there is a case in the courts and crew worry about being evicted every day. Rumour also has it handlers, catering companies, hotels etc are owed some serious cash.
- The Aircraft I worked on, had 8 pilots in 3 years A parade of one "last chance saloon" loser after the other. When we finally got some decent ones, they didn’t stick around long
- Operations manager once told me “I have no interest in keeping crew happy only passengers” (I’d buy him the Richard Branson biography, but I’m pretty sure Nexus will have folded by the time he sounds out all the big words)
- A new contract was introduced, all crew refused to sign it, some were threatened with per diems being with held. HR took to calling crew and lying about other team members having signed. This backfired spectacularly in my case. I was told “All the pilots have signed” whilst having a coffee WITH one of the pilots.
- Despite crew refusing to sign this contract, the company has updated government data bases according to the new contract. MASSIVELY ILLEGAL. If any current crew are reading this, go have a look at your GOSI contributions.

Originally Posted by freefly_rulz

The Flight Operations Team is doing our absolute best to ensure world class standards and operating procedures and we work tirelessly to train our staff to these.
World Class Standards ....PLEASE

World Class Jack Asses more like it

Blindly defending the company on a public forum, with more than a fair idea of what has been going on for many of us, makes it hard for anyone to take you seriously.

Last edited by pinkus; 12th Aug 2017 at 21:57.