PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did You Fly The Vulcan?? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2017, 18:43
Petet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The answer to my question may be hidden amongst the many posts in here so apologies if this has already been discussed .... but when the Vulcan was being flown on training runs and exercises what "bomb loads" were carried?

I know there was a 28lb bomb, a 1000lb and some form of inert bomb (terminology?) to enable "all up weight" to be achieved, but was there a rule of thumb about which bombs were carried on training runs and exercises (other than live bombing).

Was there always some form of bomb on board or were training runs and exercises done predominantly without a bomb load? What was the bomb load situation on Rangers?

On live bombing, how many 1000lb bombs were carried and were there other weights in existence?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am just working my way through the 1962 - 1965 ORB for No. 35 Squadron and trying to understand how the aircraft was armed for the various training runs and exercises.

One other question on the same vein, are the training run routes documented anywhere or are they subject to Official Secrets Act

Any help would be much appreciated

Regards

Pete