PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 12th Aug 2017, 15:32
VHCookie monster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by havick
Piedmont is the best option for E3's with the mainline AA travel benefits as well as the higher pay and quicker upgrades. I think they have a slight training bubble with their current expansion but is being ironed out with the addition of new sims.

Be wary of guys offering to refer you as they are usually getting a referral bonus. I work for envoy, we don't take E3 applicants hence why I can recommend Piedmont as the best E3 visa option un-biased.

I'm not saying that Skywest is a bad company but overall once you get through training at Piedmont you will end up earning more, upgrading quicker and have much better travel benefits that come attached to working for an AA wholly owned regional.

Basically to answer your question regarding long term implications of an E3 visa, unless you marry an American you will always be in immigration limbo having to renew your E3 visa every two years. No legacy/majors will hire you in the US without a green card or citizenship. An E3 visa is NOT a pathway to a green card unless you happen to meet someone you end up marrying while over here on your E3.

The E3 is actually a great deal for the regionals because they know you can't move on to a major. That being said you will be in a position very quickly to be picked up by Middle East carriers or Chinese contracts after doing 2-3 years at a regional in the US
Very interesting. Any chance you can PM me your email and we can chat further. If you don't mind...