PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch
Thread: Monarch
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2017, 13:44
Enzo999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Snapper5
I believe that throughout most of Monarchs history it has been loosing money or just turned a marginal profit,
But we still bumble along with decent T&Cs
With backers such as Boeing I believe that I am in a stable place which many would love to see fail .
But I'm sorry boys it looks like we are still here and have an optimistic future with LH on the horizon and a significant expansion on the cards . Some guys that left to go to the supposedly stronger airlines such as BA and Easy have returned with the knowledge that the grass most definitely is not greener !
I would prefer to enjoy my job and have a dark cloud over my head which btw hasn't rained for many many years (ever infact)! Than to slog it out at an airline where everyone believes that because they have 300 aircraft and make over a billion proof they are in a safe place ? I'm sorry chaps but even though your airlines make billions in profit they don't give a monkeys about your T&Cs or your future , you are just a number in a machine
You either have a very short memory, not been in Monarch long or have extreamly thick rose tinted glasses. Monarch are a good company to work for and it's a nice job. But don't kid yourself they are somehow special or saintly, not that long ago they made several hundred people redundant, slashed pay, forced part year working on people and ditached a pension fund that cost some employees hundreds of thousands possibly millions of pounds.

In the past Monarch we not designed to make money, the business served other purposes, those days are gone and grey bull are in, make no bones about it they are as ruthless as anyone in the business if Monarch fails them they will drop it in seconds.

I admire your confidence in Monarch but I am guessing you don't have a lot of experience of being an unemployed F/O. It has happened to me 3 times and each time I lost a year of my life desparatly searching for that new job. Once out of the system you will quickly see the contempt Airlines hold for DE FOs, they are only interested in cut priced cadets. Whilst it was annoying at the time it was not critical to my life but now I would loose my home and probably my family so living under that dark cloud is not an option.

I in no way want Monarch to fail, I hold them in my mind with great fondness and have many friends still there, but I don't think being total dismissive of their difficulties will be helpful to you or anyone else.