PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight subsidies - N Ireland
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2003, 22:34
glynn-kayes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALLMCC,Im not havin a go at you personally but i must point out to you that bfs have for years been trying to persuade airlines to operate direct routes and a few have tried af bd sn and ei although ei i think were too hasty pulling the jfk route so fast after sept 11.As far as flooding the market with domestic flights,obviously ezy are winning hands down as every route they operate from northern ireland is the market leader.Lets face it,if the truth be known flybe only adopted the lcc ethos because ezy were, and still are thrasing them from belfast.I mean get real, a 737 versus a dash 8 and 7 lgw,s per day,now down to four and no stanstead and lcy via iom,but only in the morning.Ezy is now the largest operator from belfast and the largest mover of bfs/lon pax<or to put it in lay mans terms the largest mover of pax between belfast and london>also bfs lpl is the uks largest domestic route bar london.Also ferrovial are first and foremost a construction company who have just got themselsves a nice piece of prime dockland.Mmm.i wonder what the landscape around sydenham will look like in 10years time??????