PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Carrier (Including Costs)
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2017, 00:32
SpazSinbad

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
CDRE Kyd is a fish head [p'raps has caught some crabspeak dis ease about 'hotels afloat with golf courses'] seems to me - albeit former captain of HMS Ark Royal - thusly he speaks 'oddly' of birdie issues whilst birdies will (whenever motivated) speak oddly of fish head issues. I personally would not trust a fish head to speak precisely of birdie dogma. JACKspeak is a wonderful thing, one of the nicest inventions of the RN transferred for example to the RAN and of course modified and modified again in the RAN FAA etc.

The yank birdies 'brown shoes' like to gee up the 'black shoe' fish heads by 'landing on the boat' (aircraft carrier). Youse know the drill. I like to 'suck back in the hold back' but do I need to explain? Anyhoo I'll look out the winda (porthole) or maybe go up on the roof (fright deck).

AND... just to DRONE ON.... https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/comm...-unchallenged/
"...HMS Queen Elizabeth is to arrive in Portsmouth on the 18th of this month and we’ve been invited to attend. Ironically, the invitation reads:

PLEASE NOTE THAT DRONES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED AT THIS EVENT. Measures will be in place to counter drones other than one being flown by the Royal Navy.”

We have reached out to the Aircraft Carrier Alliance for comment. An MoD spokesperson said: “We take the security of HMS Queen Elizabeth very seriously. This incident has been reported to Police Scotland, an investigation is underway and we stepped up our security measures in light of it.”

Last edited by SpazSinbad; 12th Aug 2017 at 02:22. Reason: droning & p'raps