PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Broome airport - Aircraft affect BOM temps
Old 12th Aug 2017, 00:26
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Le Ping,
I am not quite sure if you are addressing my post?

All I am saying is that, just as the "science is settled" with climate change, so the "science was settled" over threat to civilisation from witchcraft.

Medicine is another area where the absolute truths of an era turn out, with the increasing quantum of human knowledge, to be anything from somewhat off the track to completely wrong.

What we do know, without doubt, is that there have been quite large changes, over change cycles, in the earth's temperature over both the span of geological history and the much shorter time scale of human history.

Dyson Freeman's point is that it is rather presumptuous of a group of scientists to believe they know virtually all about "global warming", that the major causes of global warming are human activities, and that any likely changes to human activity is going to make much difference.

Is the current deindustrialisation of Australia a smart idea, to produce precisely nil effect on any global warming trend.

I note, this week, we are actually importing commons house bricks from Spain and elsewhere, goes well with the Portland cement we now import from Korea, instead of making it in Australia.

Tootle pip!!