PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trumps Bars Transgender From Military
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2017, 22:15
KenV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ORAC
The amendment to the DSM has undergone rigorous and intensive debate amongst the experts in the field. Your professional qualifications to disparage and refute their findings would be of interest. Please provide.....
My argument is not with the DSM. May argument is with Wynn Parry, the author of this Huffpost piece, who is providing his interpretation of the DSM. I concede that his credentials might be better than mine in this field. On the other hand, Mr. Parry clearly has an agenda. To put his agenda into perspective, this is (allegedly) an article on the new terminology for transgenderism in the DSM (from "Gender Identity Disorder" to "Gender Dysphoria") yet deals out lots of opinion and precious little fact. To buttress his opinion, Mr. Parry provides a link to "Surprising Facts of Gay Conversion Therapy" which is totally irrelevant. In other words, yet another Red Herring.

Nevertheless, I find it fascinating that one's sexual orientation is (allegedly) defined at birth (or earlier) and is thereafter "fixed and immutable," and thus therapies to "treat" homosexuality are doomed to certain failure. Yet gender is totally "fluid" and can be "treated" with hormone therapy and even grossly invasive surgery. Even on pre-pubescent children!! Fascinating! I'm confident that in the future we will look upon such therapies with the same abhorrence we look today upon the "therapy" Alan Turing endured.

Last edited by KenV; 11th Aug 2017 at 22:28.