View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2017, 18:17
Dimadiamond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SFCC
Do you have an IR?
Yes, IR (a)

Originally Posted by Jan Olieslagers
@BillieBob: as far as piston-powered go I think that sums it up quite correctly - but the subject is not really my cup of tea.

Turboprop powered there might be more options, but those are even more expensive and the request was about "entry-level".

We can only hope the topic-starter realises that it is a big step to flying pressurised, not least because it only makes sense if also the IFR rating is available. At least in Europe. And a big step comes with a big difference in cost, too, both in money and in learning and in keeping current. For myself, a lowly VFR flyer with no family, I think it not a good idea to take people on long flights if they are not sufficiently motivated to use a cannula. Young children will like neither the cannula nor long flights, as I understand from many forum threads.

Yes I of course realize the raise in cost etc. I just did a 14h tour w my family so there is no problem with motivation on their side. My wife gets motion sick very easily, so pressurized ac might solve that problem partly. We live in Spain and flying via Airways absolutely requires additional O2. But on that altitude (around FL130) one does not have much left of power available on a non-turbo ac. So, just brainstorming...