PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Additional Addressing for VFR flightplan in SkyDemon
Old 11th Aug 2017, 15:27
Bobby Hart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It has taken a little bit of time and training effort for tower operators and their FP handling colleagues to get up to speed with the new digital filing methods, but I am definitely seeing massive improvements in this regard.

It used to be the case that I would get many phone-calls from pilots who had filed a plan, but whose flight-plans "did not exist" either because the central ARO had not forwarded them on in accordance with their own rules, or that a tower operator was not correctly handling them on arrival. Often, a firm "No, it has been filed in accordance with the AIP rules. Look again." would result in the plan suddenly being found.

Fortunately, I have not received any such reports in the last year, and I suspect that ENR 1.11 is now being referenced a lot more by handers. My suspicion is that in years past, when FPs were filed on paper, it was the filing agent who manually addressed the plans based on the planned route without reference to the AIP, and the receiving agents didn't have to do too much as a result. Since we have electronic tools filing plans using the official guidelines, the receiving agents need to be more aware of those guidelines and their handling responsibilities, which I am pleased to say is getting better all the time