PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The integrity of aeromedical regulation of pilots
Old 11th Aug 2017, 14:48
Paul Rice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A very good point we can of course go to any source to have the testing completed. I went to my GP to enquire about an alternative service provider and he said that he could arrange for a private referral to get a report written and by doing this he could control what is written and get me back on line.

Now call me very old fashioned but would integrity, ethics, safety and basic honesty not simply require a simple report stating the actual findings be more appropriate as opposed to a bent report drafted to achieve an effect.

The AME says in his notes to use his recommended people for the testing as they are able to write the report in the format required by the Aeromedical section. Old boys network in full gravy train mode.

What is worse about the entire scam is that there is nothing in the symptoms that I have reported that would indicate that there was any sort of problem relevant to what they wanted to test.

Thats why I want a right of appeal at the local magistrates court in which an honest Doctor if one could be found and an honest Solicitor with a 30 minute hearing would have me back at work by the afternoon. A right of appeal outside of the aeromedical world would prevent any abuse of power taking place.

Now a month and a bit later, £7000 the lighter in lost wages and medical fees and I am still waiting for the Aeromedical section to consider the position. Remember there these boys and girls only turn up in the office two days a week so not expecting anything to happen anytime soon.

If an engineer grounded an aeroplane and carried out irrelevant tests his services would be dispensed with. Why can a pilot be grounded and subjected to irrelevant tests and the scab lifters be allowed to get away with it. Oh because they close ranks have power to abuse and can.