PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook-Beware
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2017, 10:33
BAe 146-100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Enzo999
I joined a UK airline at the same time as a chap from Smart Lynx, unfortualtly for him he did not get through the Sim transition phase and he was already rated. I was there and I can say although he was not treated particulaly well his performance was well below the level expected at most professional airlines. After being released by said Airline he returned immediately to Smart Lynx, its fair to say they did not have the same standards, take from that what you will.
I know a fella who was dropped by TCX in the line training stage after being a CTC cadet, and now is in one of those ACMIs...

Maybe when you start flying Officer Kite you will know what kind of characters end up in such an airline......

It is no ones first choice to go to fly for any ACMI when you have no idea what your doing or where your going month to month, sometimes day to day and usually people do it as a matter of desperation when they have no other options and don't be fooled other wise.

The standards to pass their selection and their training departments, compared to the rest is not even on the same level.