PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 11th Aug 2017, 07:10
umop apisdn

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by hobo335
Just my two cents from someone also working in the US, from what I have heard, there are a lot more rejections for Visas at consulates than was happening 6-12 months ago.

Im sure a lot of it comes down to who you get on the day, but it does sound like the visa rejection rates may be getting a little higher than previously advertised. That said I have no doubt people are still getting approvals, I just wouldn't be going in assuming you will absolutely get the Visa approved and start packing my bags. Perhaps the screws are tightening a little on experience levels they expect? or maybe just more people having bad luck with who is assessing their applications, I honestly wouldn't know. Purely speculation.

One of the lads I used to fly with who has a squeaky clean record and a good 4-5 years of experience and plenty of time etc... than needed got knocked back without reason at the consulate and that was after resigning from his current job! I know directly of two others as well under similar circumstances in the recent past. Common link was no degree and a few years short of what they supposedly "require" in lieu of a degree.

Be smart and good luck!
I'm about to start applying and have an aviation degree, so hopefully I can get it done. Did you hear any other reasons for rejection?