PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airventure Australia bans AvPlan from attending? Really?
Old 11th Aug 2017, 03:54
KRviator

Received 117 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by Old Akro
My guess would be that there were exploratory phone calls or meetings but that the follow-up of a formal package detailed in writing was never done. I would never make a decision until I had a sponsorship package formally detailed. I don't expect anyone else would.
Could well be the case indeed, but then it makes me wonder if the initial phone call/email/smoke signals were along the lines of "Are you interested in sponsoring AVA?", "Nope", "Ok, thanks anyway" and that's the end of it so far as the AVA organisers are concerned.

If that is how it went down, I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised, but in saying that, AvPlan can't really complain they were never 'formally' asked to sponsor it if they knocked back an initial informal request to do so. Why then, would the organisers waste time sending paperwork to a company that may have already said no?

And, with everything now coming out, why have AvPlan not put their side of the story forward, instead sticking only with their "We were never formally asked" commentary? It is this silence, in conjunction with this statement that makes me wonder. I note they have since removed said comment from their FB feed, too....