PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 9th Aug 2017, 19:08
Hawk98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Filter Interview

Hi chaps,
It's been a little while since I posted on Pprune so please bare with me! I'm currently 19 years old and have been applying to join as either a pilot, RPAS pilot or WSOp, attended the P2 presentation, flew through my CBAT and gone on a station visit (to add to the countless ones I've done with cadets) in anticipation for my filter interview. Come Monday this week I turned up for my interview nice and early - and well - failed! Now the reasoning they gave behind this (I'm not questioning their judgement, just curious) is that I lack sufficient leadership experience/skills and also management experience. Now this is a fair point I'm sure, but bearing in mind I was a cadet for 5 years, did about every course available to me, and in the last year led the squadron (through camp, competitions) and also helped run a couple of clubs in school, how much leadership experience do they expect of someone my age? As understandably I was fairly gutted and have been given the option of coming back in three months to try again (which the interviewing Sgt thought would be difficult) or entering as a ground trade then trying to re role in a few years. I'm also considering going down the aircrewman route in the Navy but am unsure whether I will have to wait that three months before they would interview me?(my aptitude test is valid until the start of June 2018)

Sorry about the length!