PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2017, 18:39
DFCP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sdn Ldr Reg Reynolds DSO and bar, DFC and bar

Other than references to this officers time on Mosquitos I have not been able to find any references to what would seem to have been a very distinguished career.
I met he and his Canadian wife in Cheltenham maybe 10 to 15 years ago. He had long wanted to retire to the UK and they were then house hunting in the area.About a year later I visited them in their house in a village near Stroud.Reg was in bed after being thrown from a horse and his wife was not happy with some aspects of English village life! They returned to Toronto and I had some occasional phone contact with him for several years.
I believe he had been flying in Toronto for a TV station before he returned to the UK and I gather from an internet source that he flew for KLM after the war.
His wifes obituary was in Toronto papers several years ago and there is mention of an auction of his medals on the internet.The last trace of Reg I could find was at a nursing home in Toronto
Has anyone knowledge of a written account of Reg,s career ---both wartime and susequent
to 1945?
Is their any published history on this well decorated officer and also of his career post WW2.?