PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour Building Logbook entries
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2017, 11:31
Reverserbucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Genghis and I agree , we are talking about two different things and we used to charge in exactly the same way as you describe in my PPL days.

No argument concerning logged time either and as you say, there should be no ambiguity. I've muddied the water a bit by picking up on this training vs experience question but I was recently told by a former colleague that the CAA had rejected a proportion of night experience claimed by a number of students from a sizeable UK ATO for CPL application on the basis that the hours recorded had been based on Hobbs (as is my experience in the U.S for example). The students had to complete additional night flying on return to the UK. Fully appreciate this is outside the scope of PPL hours building in the UK at smaller airfields, but it does highlight the fact that students are not necessarily aware, regardless of their understanding of EASA Air Law, that there is possibly, just a chance that ambiguity may exist and I feel that pilotjimbo has demonstrated this. Apologies for thread drift.