PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Regional Headhunting
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2017, 02:14
umop apisdn

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm approaching ATP minimums and would like to apply as an Australian under an E3 visa for a regional.

My emailing efforts have confirmed that most of the regionals will sponsor an E3, except for Envoy who said that they are not, which sucks because they seem pretty good.

Considering I can pretty much go anywhere, and don't have ties to any particular area, what would be a recommended base and a recommended regional?

I am looking most heavily at Piedmont and Air Wisconsin, but truthfully do not have much of an idea.

Another question, if I was to submit an application slightly below the minimums, would it still be considered? I will need to buy myself maybe 5 - 8 hours of twin time just to tick that box, but ideally would have liked to have passed an interview and gotten a class date, visa, license verification and everything else first.

Some say the 25 twin hours is enough, because I can make up the rest in a simulator, but I didn't expect an endorsement to last an extra 25 hours to meet that requirement.

Any advice is super appreciated