PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airventure Australia bans AvPlan from attending? Really?
Old 8th Aug 2017, 23:44
no_one

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Egipps
Hi, I'm assuming the same organisation that ran OzKosh last year. From the airventure website. AirVenture Australia

WHAT'S HAPPENING?
It's more than just planes. It's a celebration of flight!

RAAus, SAAA and APF are pleased to bring you AirVenture Australia (AVA) 2017. Building on the success of 2016, this year’s event is certainly designed to offer something for everyone. An assortment of seminars for young, old, experienced and novice aviators. A comprehensive aviation exhibition space where if you can think of it, you’ll find it. Top all this off with an airshow that will blow your sock off and you will start to see why AVA 2017 can’t be missed. Sign up now for updates, or visit again soon. Tickets on sale August.
My understanding is that SAAA last ran the event in 2015 as "Ausfly". Since then it has been run by a separate group of people, many of whom were the previous organisers. This was to allow the event to transition from being an SAAA event to being an event for all the different aviation groups. The event receives support from SAAA, RAAus, APF and others...

With this background I can understand why they wanted to change the name from Ausfly but it would be good if they could at least come up with something that doesn't cause confusion with everyone you talk to about the event.