PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So what do we think of diesels now?
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2017, 10:03
Crash one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Elephant and Castle
I despair when I see a group of people who on the face of it should be intelligent spout such strong opinions on things they know next to nothing. How are we ever going to make any progress or fix our problems if any solutions are immediately dismissed as lies by people who not only know very little but also lack the intellectual curiosity to follow the scientific method to back their claims.
So how does the non scientific general public user find out the real truth?
I was told that to burn a gallon of petrol produces about three quarters gallon of water, which is pretty harmless stuff. What does the other 25% consist of and what is the genuine comparison with diesel?
Is there an honest, genuine organisation devoted to finding the truth, or are they all employed to produce a result that will satisfy someone's financial interest?
Or are the answers to these questions so bloody obvious they don't need asking?
All the time people making various claims are relying on the results for their own salaries, no one is going to trust anything or anybody.
The same krap is going to happen with electric motors, what cost in emissions will there be if power stations are used to recharge, manufacture batteries, build the new infrastructure?
There's no such thing as a free lunch.