PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brisbane nav training/planning
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2017, 07:32
Lozq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brisbane nav training/planning

Hey ppruners,

I'm in the process of buidling PIC time for my CPL in Queensland (flying out of Redcliffe) and was wondering if anyone could suggest some interesting/challenging ideas for crosscountry jaunts. Trips around the 2.5 hr mark would be ideal, preferably with an opportunity for a short field or two thrown in. No cruisy coastal scenics - I need stuff that will make me cry and wish I had GPS.

I've also got a few questions, for any local aviators:

Are transit clearances through Brisbane CTR generally available if you submit a flight plan? Otherwise it's a long cicuitous route between the Class C step and Amberley danger zones, ploughing through umpteen visual reporting points. Which makes going south OCTA a rather expensive exercise...

Any good short strips that don't require owner's permission around? Tassie was full of them, but here most of the stuff I find is either unserviceable or privately owned.

Thanks in advance; if anyone would like to give me some Nav suggestions alà the local CPL syllabi I'll gladly post the resultant GPS track history for you to laugh at.

Last edited by Lozq; 8th Aug 2017 at 07:44.