PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Southern wannabes
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2017, 17:18
mach85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tonisb82
Hi Everybody,

My first post in here, I would like to request some information to the CSN pilots, I am in touch with direct personnel for the B777 or B787 offer. I have no idea about this broker so far, any recommendations?

I would appreciate if someone working nowadays for china southern would like to share his/her experience with me by pm or we could even meet maybe. I am interested in applying next year. I heard all kind of stories and Id really appreciate a quick chat.

Cool airs everybody!
Tonisb82,
Here are some recent updates for you of life on the 777. All fact no fiction!

One foreign pilot made a 1.8G landing after a 20hr delayed duty through the middle of the night. 1.8G, no big deal right?
Well the whole crew got called in for a 'technical briefing' to explain what happened.
The PIC who was on the jumpseat for landing got asked why he didn't do something to stop this 'heavy' landing. What is he supposed to do. Scream from the JS and scare the living daylights out of the landing pilot.
The outcome for the landing pilot after his interrogation.......his landings are now being monitored by the QAR for the next 3 months!!! If he makes another over 1.7G in that time then he will be called back in for 're-training' sectors and another LCK or..........

Obviously it is much safer to land 1000M down the runway as long as its smooth 😫😫

Another guy on a busy approach got the landing flap in position at 1400'. Rule for the 777 is 1500'. He decided was safer to land rather than go around as airport was very busy with aircraft all over the place and a GA would have caused mayhem.
How dare you think as a Captain sir. Result- demoted from PIC.

These are real events. Im not saying more than that as each individual can decide for themselves if that is the kind of environment you want to work in. Each to their own.

Cheers all,