PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ezy Portugal DEC - Lisbon/Oporto
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2017, 10:10
My names Turkish
Before "Ze Germans" get here

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was wondering if you were getting some sort of pension/retirement while based there. there might not be private pension like in UK but maybe some sort of government funded retirement plan?
There is a small payment each year to a private pension fund at the moment but from next year there is no company scheme just a cash payment in lieu. It wasn't something that was pushed for in the CLA for a number of valid reasons. The state pension, as it stands, should be quite good but like most state pensions it's difficult to see how it will be sustained. It would be wise to plan your own pension and if the state pension comes through it would be the cherry on the cake.

Also would you know what would be the tax scheme for a non resident? For example based in LIS or OPO and commuting to France or Italy on the days off. What would be the tax paid in Portugal and the part paid in the resident country. I know it's a long stretch but maybe you are in this situation or know some colleagues doing the same.
You really need to get tax advice from a professional. There is so much misinformation online. Cross border tax issues are extremely complicated.

3. 5/4 is available in Lisbon. It might be worth noting that the current CLA doesn't have any language for a pay decrease for the 5/4 option.
Correct, my mistake. The base does need to be fully crewed however. So it is technically available in both bases.