PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to plan and organize the study in Distance learning
Old 7th Aug 2017, 09:03
nebojsar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've finished BGS last year. I did it in parallel with my full time job, some flying and two small kids. It was tough (6h of sleep as average) but I managed. First I was confused about some subjects as they are similar but not close to each other in learning syllabus but than I realized that this would be good learning check for some subjects. I've learned as syllabus took me (from air law to comm), lesson by lesson. I did learning schedule and tried to stick to it. One or two lessons per day as minimum, depending on lesson complexity and size. Some days I've did just one, some days up to 6-7, never made larger gaps than a week. Also I took notes from each lesson, that helped me as quick reminder. Some days I spent an hour, some up to six hours learning, depending on my daily duties. As a result I've managed to finish all chapters for 8 months. I also scheduled brush up course few lessons before end so I did brush up and than got CCC from school. That way revision was another learning check for me. Once I've started to prepare exams I than grouped subjects by similarity and took them together. I've used just BGS qbank not to be confused by other qbanks/learning methods. As a result I finished all 14 in three sittings, 7 in first, 4 in second, and 3 in third, all from first attempt and average 88% which is not high but considering a fact that I have full day job and that I need to travel to foreign country to pass exams I think is good. In total learning plus exams took me 16 months (started may 2015, last exam September 2016), in meanwhile I booked 100h of hour building. Regarding preparation for exams, as RomeoVictor said you will know that you are ready for that exam if you score average of 85% on that subject (mock up). I first scanned whole bank, reading all questions, subject by subject, topic by topic as I prepare particular exam. Than I did mock up which simulate real exam (time and distribution) and tried to score 85%+. Than I knew I'm good to go. I hope this will help. BTW once in exam phase you should check every day for new questions coming up on BGS forum as this can alter your real result on exam.