PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anything But A CFI Job!
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2017, 07:39
harpf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If one follows the FAA instruction form before we went all scenario The CFI/II/MEI gets plenty of hands on time. 1) Instructor does and explains the maneuver as he does, 2) the student explains the instructor does, 3) the student does and student explains. Some CFI's think if the student is not flying he is not leaning as do some students. When I receive flight instruction, if the instructor does not follow the above flow my first assumption FI is a poseur, know what you did wrong yet can't demonstrate how to do it correctly. When doing real primary instruction, I do all the landings until the student is fully capable of landing. It a real boost for them to nail there first landing, and I like it when they do. I explain that to land you need to have slow flight and ground reference maneuvers down to the point that you can do both at the same and still have processing power left over look for traffic and use the radio. Take a student to the pattern for their first landing and they bonce it or drop it in. Is a setup for the 'I can never do it' mind set.