PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Terrorist plot thwarted?
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2017, 06:28
psycho joe

Location: shivering in the cold dark shadow of my own magnificence.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oicur12.again
"Firstly I think its a bad idea to back the dictatorships of Iran and Syria as though they are the good guys, they aren't."

So when we sell arms and provide training to the House of Saud, are we backing "the good guys"?

What about Kuwait? Qatar?

The fighting over Syria has become absurd, western backed terrorist groups fighting western backed rebels fighting Russian backed terrorist groups fighting Russian backed rebels fighting each other and with each other. Throw in some sly involvement by Turkey, Jordan and Saudi Arabia and others.

But make no mistake, the west is providing just as much direct and indirect assistance to ISIS and other so called "terror groups" as other non friendly actors are.

The blowback from this is going to be . . . . . interesting!

But we are the "good guys", right?
That doesn't follow. I didn't mention any of hose countries, and my comment on Iran and Syria was on the back of "American hypocrisy" (my words) and the idea that my enemy's enemy is my friend. So no I don't. But If you think that this justifies someone coming into my workplace and killing a few hundred people then we aren't on the same page. Once again, Islamic terrorism predates America.

Last edited by psycho joe; 7th Aug 2017 at 07:01.