PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Terrorist plot thwarted?
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2017, 02:44
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Wingnut:

Which makes one wonder about their calculation of the Hijra calendar and the continuing use of the moon as the basis for annual events.
Or, more specifically, the rejection of a calendar that is accepted by pretty much all "scientifically advanced" nations and religions.
Another totally wrong blithering idiot appears. Open your C of E book of common prayer at the back and you will find that the Christian religion uses phases of the moon to calculate the date of "moveable feasts" like Easter.

PsychoJoe:

Thanks sunfish. I've studied the Koran and the life of Mohammed at length and going by your ad hominem posts it seems that I've forgotten more about the subject than you'll ever know. Don't confuse nominal Islam with the teachings of Mohammed.

Fortunately whilst your ignorance of history and tenants of Islam may make you feel warm and fuzzy, indeed you may well believe that the biggest existential threat to our civilisation is Judaism or the militant wing of the Salvation Army, or that every would be terrorist should hugged or that every actual muslim terrorist isn't really Muslim. Meanwhile here in reality whilst you're agog in your warm fuzzy delirium, blowing kisses to yourself in the mirror at how righteous you are, there are people working hard behind the scenes and quietly cutting through the pc bs in an effort to stop a mass breakout of Muslim peace.
I don't care what you claim to have "studied". Most probably you looked at a few websites that pedal such BS. You obviously have no first hand knowledge of the culture, the language or the societies of islam which are at least as diverse as the different breeds of Christianity. There is no monolithic Islamic religion bent on world domination. To think otherwise is at best paranoia, at worst deliberate racist mischief making.

Islam, like Christianity, has the full spectrum from easy going people like most Indonesians to extremely rigid and unforgiving bastards like the Saudis.

I have seen some of the spectrum in Indonesia, Malaysia and Pakistan, and that includes everything from urbane millionaire businessmen to hill tribesmen who think all western women must be whores. I have also attended some very drunken parties at Eid as I expect one or two other pilots have.

To base national policy on the idea that "the muslims want to kill us all" is the height of folly.

Here is a request; please don't start cutting and pasting surahs from the websites you visit in an effort to recover your position.