PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cattle Mustering incl Training, Job Prospects (!) etc etc
Old 6th Aug 2017, 06:28
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by topendtorque
Some Indo meat workers did indeed do norty things, mainly those who were paid a few rupes (which in that macho environment is all it takes) to play up to the camera. Most meat works were doing the right things and the Oz industry had contributed many spondoolicks, effort, inventions and extension officers to make sure that was the case. Oz is the only country in the world who conducts and has done for decades extension work WRT animal welfare in their destination markets. Of course you could believe that or the dirty stinking Unions who motivated those low life PETA people to spin up the story, it's up to you. Meanwhile they created through a gutless Minister a billion dollars plus of hardship in North Oz alone and financial ruin to many in both countries because of it, even without the flow on downward effect of 30% income loss to the rest of Oz red meat industry.. One of the best Feedlots / meat works / processors on Java stood down seven thousand workers because of it. Those families did a bad, bad starve, one of many; no unemployment relief over there. I'm quite happy to provide its name if you wish to go over there to verify. Many cattle shown on that sacred TV show 60 minutes, were not of Oz origin. Here is a bit of a lead in by Kirsty. Documentary to show 'scars' of live cattle ban - ABC Rural - ABC News

Apologies for thread drift to admin, that is all I will say on the matter I sure hope that is enough clarification..
Thread drift !!! You've just covered what has likely been one of the biggest impacts to the Oz cattle mustering industry in its history. Impacts that will have effects for years to come.

How is it that the Australian tax payer pays the wages of the human garbage that comprises 'our' ABC.....