PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My ATPL studies stalled..How best to get back into the rhythm?
Old 5th Aug 2017, 13:18
DesertStorm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Transsonic2000
Reading all of this, sounds to me like you're not really the kind of person suited for distance learning (which is ok since this is not for everyone) and secondly I have the impression that you are somehow trying to find excuses for your own lack of study discipline.
I absolutely have been committed to the cause and I find the response some what patronising without knowing you knowing how much effort was put in and what was achieved.

I have 2 degrees already and the work isnt the problem. I studied for 5-7 hours every day after a full day at work and 3 hour commute and hit the question bank but more attempted to understand the material rather than just question bank as some other DL I know did!

I am far from perfect and already know it takes a lot of sacrifice.. I am prepared to make that.. I also stayed off PPRUNE at the time because people are ready to shoot down a ship rather than offer some positives like try x or abc!

I earn an above average salary at Executive Level at the moment in my office job and my age may or may not be a problem however I am willing to take a risk because I love to fly!

I thought I would ask what peiple have tried to get back into the books..thats all..

My wife is very understanding..

Sorry to clariy the PA28 is a rental plane and the Mooney was part of a Group Share which I am no longer part of.