PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyingschools
Thread: Flyingschools
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2003, 08:20
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel The JAR thang

GT,

Yeah the Law and Ops had confusing differences between LVP minima, safety equipment. wake seperation, fire regs, etc.

JAR-OPS is a whole new animal to your air navigation order and is a lot more restrictive with regards to things like RVSM, vis & ht mins than SA Law and Ops.

Also JAR exams are mostly based on the 737-400 so A Class stuff suddenly comes to play as we do not do seperate CPL exams.

This first manifests itself when you do performance which includes the ETOPS clearances and calcs and driftdown procedures for the 63.7 tonne beast.

Met is global climatology rather than local stuff as this is all international based.

We like VORs and radar you guys like NDBs which we stay as far away from as possible after initial IR.

Your exams assume less than 5700kg ours assume 737 so 63 tonnes.

You have 8 exams and because untill recently you always won the cricket we had 14 exams so that we could pay you back. But seriously if you want detailed info please go URL=http://www.bristol.gs/link.htm]here[/URL]

Hope this helps if not mail me

Are you thinking of crossing over to the dark side up here. Give me a shout I'll find you a place to crash and point you at some schools if you like.

Firm landings

VT