PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2017, 09:11
DC3 Dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Expressflight
The current situation is that the airport taxi concession holder provides a service in that situation. This is explained on the SEN website.

In the case of the late RNS flight there should be sufficient pax to benefit from their £20 charge for a minimum of 5 people to London Liverpool Street. If fewer than 5 people need the service then the normal £100 cost is shared by those needing to travel. Not ideal but at least it means that nobody is stranded without any means of getting to London.
I know this service exists, I just hope the airport /taxi firm provides staff to assist. I also believe, that if it is well organised, all passengers could be guaranteed a £20 fare to Liverpool Street with Stobart picking up the shortfall. It would be peanuts to them for the handful of people involved. Even better, nobody should have to pay more than £16.20 which I believe is the single rail fare. This would provide real confidence to passengers and a workable solution to the problem.

I should stress the above subsidies should only apply when flights are delayed and not to those due to arrive after 2215.