PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Carrier (Including Costs)
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2017, 09:41
SpazSinbad

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
The 2Gb PDF will be useful to WEBF however it probably has info about less interesting facets perhaps also. As you probably gather by now I'm an old A4G Skyhawk deck lander with my last DL some 45 years ago. All the new deck landing stuff is fascinating to me also but I've no experience with it. Would have been nice to have an internet all those years ago for me to get my head around all the details I know today - my briefings were perfunctory to say the least, with the expectation that 'doing' would see me OK. Not complaining just sayin' how little written or other (verbal) info was available to me at that time.

I have no helo experience nor STOVL however there is info about same in the PDF with the F-35B & C taking a lot of space because: what they have and how they do it is so 'extra ordinary' (to me anyway). 'CLUBS' I do not recognize (prolly something to chase up). 'Ship Communicators' I would take to mean the CCAs Carrier Controlled Approaches? The only way an A4G could get aboard at night was to carry out a CCA to one mile with the talkdown continuing (depending on controller & conditions) with the A4G pilot calling the ball when he could etc... MELBOURNE had one of the first CCA radars - a Sea Venom radar in the dome atop aft on the island. Brits dun good again.

Last edited by SpazSinbad; 4th Aug 2017 at 19:07. Reason: off to on