PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2017, 09:18
pholling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rob Courtney
We passed through T3 last week, I was quite suprised how fast we got through security at 5ami it took about 5 mins. The worst part for me is the check in area. The atoumated bag drop Ryanair are using now is an absoulte nightmare and leads to long queues. coming back immigration and bag collection was better than T1
Did T3 last month. We were through security fairly quickly. Though travelling with a small child we are often at the mercy of the others with small children, who seem to be a little less prepared. It didn't look like the rest of the line was that bad. However, the departure lounge is a disaster. Given that T3 was really designed around primarily business travellers who don't spend huge amounts of time at the airport prior to the flight, the shift to the Ryanair crowd seems to overload the space quite quickly. They were 8-12 deep at the bar and blocking the corridors. The return, which was via T3 domestic arrivals, was as typical, pretty painless. I am on the fence as to what is the better combination for domestic flights. T1 Departures and the pain of the arrivals process or T3 arrivals and the pain of the departure lounge.