PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2017, 21:24
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The way I read Dobbo's figures for June was that the total pax on board between MAN & SIN was made up of 158 getting on or disembarking at MAN and 72 through pax SIN-IAH & IAH-SIN.
Likewise, MAN-IAH total is 220 comprising the same 72 through pax and 148 for the MAN-IAH sectors.

So if the a/c seat capacity is 253, then the LF's for the total pax on each sector is correct.

It has been said that SQ have been offering some cheap fares on MAN-IAH. Whether that was to stimulate demand after the low figures in the early months or whether those low fares are still available I'm not sure. But low fares can mean poor yields. However freight may be another important ingredient.

Just an afterthought on this: The CAA stats as roverman points out will only include pax getting on or off at MAN for the SIN & IAH sectors and those numbers broadly reflect the 158 &148 loads above. However, it did cross my mind whether there could be an element of double counting of the 72 transit pax if you simply added together the 2 segments of the route each way to arrive at the overall carryings on the route. I doubt this happens though.

Last edited by MANFOD; 3rd Aug 2017 at 21:53. Reason: Further comment