PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2017, 20:52
roverman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by j636
D Dobbo

Forgive me for not understanding but surly the CAA stats for both legs include those routing SIN-IAH and MAN-IAH and vice versa.

Can you tell from IAH figures published that the 3000 marked as IAH-SIN dosnt include MAN traffic?

The route makes no sense for SQ if they are bad as this unless there is some business contract at play.

Not looked at the websites where the figures are located but way I read is, its more less 50/50 IAH to SIN and MAN if you look at the 3,000 figure and the 6,000 for MAN-IAH figure.
Although I know that the MAN traffic on this whole route is pretty healthy the figures Dobbo quoted from the IAH source look a bit odd. Transit and double-tagged routes are always potentially misleading in terms of load factor because you can't assume the airline allocates the seats 50/50 or any other ratio necessarily. CAA stats always deal with terminating or transferring pax at UK airports, those in transit i.e. SIN-IAH through MAN on the same aircraft are not assigned to MAN's figures.