PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A-320 Spoiler indication mel
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2017, 19:50
200hp_stall_freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A-320 Spoiler indication mel

Hi! I had an mel while operating a flight which was very confusing and I am still unsure of the correct operating procedure.
The Mel 27-07-11a (spoiler/speedbrake indication on sd page) for spoiler number 3.
The operational procedure entailed in the MEL is this...
27-07-11A Spoilers/Speedbrakes Indication on the F/CTL SD page Ident.:
MO-27-07-00009077.0001001 / 17 SEP 10 Applicable to: ALL

DURING COCKPIT PREPARATION Note: If the Yellow Electric Pump is not available: ‐ Pressurize the Yellow Hydraulic System with: • A Ground cart, or with • The Yellow Engine 2 Pump with the Engine 2 running. ‐ Replace any action on the YELLOW ELEC PUMP pb-sw by a similar action on the Ground Cart or on the YELLOW ENG 2 PUMP pb-sw in the following procedure. If surface 1 indication is inoperative: CAUTION The aircraft must be stopped during the check. ‐ YELLOW ELEC PUMP pb-sw.......................................................... ..................................ON ‐ PTU pb-sw.......................................................... ...........................................................A UTO ‐ SPEEDBRAKES lever....................................................... ..............................................FULL ‐ Visually check that surface 1 slightly extends (approximately 6°). ‐ YELLOW ELEC PUMP pb-sw.......................................................... ..................................Off If surface 3 indication is inoperative: ‐ BLUE ELEC PUMP pb-sw.......................................................... ...................................AUTO ‐ BLUE PUMP OVRD pb-sw.......................................................... ......................................ON ‐ Move the stick from left stop to right stop. ‐ Visually check the correct movement of surface 3. ‐ BLUE PUMP OVRD pb-sw.......................................................... .......................................off

My query is that do we apply this mel by switching on the blue pump ovrd switch in the maintainace panel and visually checking it or after engine start when everything is done. What is confusing is that it says DURING COCKPIT PREPARATION at the begining of the said procedure.
Engine start is not cockpit preparation.
Can anyone help me with this and explain it to me in plain english, not the french english in which the airbus documents are compiled...