PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near miss with 5 airliners waiting for T/O on taxiway "C" in SFO!
Old 3rd Aug 2017, 18:28
underfire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again, I don't believe AC 759 ever 'requested' this approach.
jeeezus...listen to the tape...they requested clearance to land for that approach...correct, just like all of the others on the tape...what, you want me to type out requests clearance to land for each line? I simply typed requests, not requested as you are stuck on.
I guess you did not listen to the tape, or you would have understood what was meant....there you go....

The AC pilots are surely fine pilots and representative of their profession. The guys in the waiting planes, likewise. But literally everyone was asleep here. The entire system nodded off. Why?
The taxiway is very near the runway on an offset angle approach. While waiting in line (for what appears an extended amount of time due to 28L closure), you are staring out the windscreen trying to figure out if the other ac are on RWY?
How often do lawyers sue other lawyers?

Who were asleep, were the pilots in command of the AC jet.

As much as drivers want to claim they are solely responsible for the command of the aircraft, here is the chance to put blame exactly where it belongs.

Children of the magenta line make excuses for poor performance. As noted, there is enough intent shown by the circumstances to show that it was an accident. It should and likely will be treated as such, and the responsible ramifications should be followed through.

There are systems that warn, but the bottom line. no matter what the warnings, ATC instructions, or aircraft , it is the PIC that makes and takes the responsibility.
Bottom line, that crew drove the ac down the taxiway on a clear night. Bright and very adequate approach lights...and a big white 'X' on 28L.

"jeez, looks like there is something on the runway, but ATC says there is nothing, so I will land anyways. Oh , I forgot to turn off the CVR and it got erased...really, we dont remember seeing any aircraft on the runway, those bright lights shining at me, or hear the radio saying I was on the taxiway....we just remember seeing something odd, and decided to GA.... "

How did AC 624 A320 plow into the dirt 300m short of threshold?

FFS, make all the excuses you want...time to cull this herd, with good reason.

Last edited by underfire; 3rd Aug 2017 at 18:40.