PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK - Potential 787 order and company direction
Old 3rd Aug 2017, 12:43
jack schidt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a whale driver, I really don't mind (care) what EK orders. I do care about all my colleagues at EK and if the 787 makes the 777 drivers happier, then that's great (although they do often say that the 777 is such a superior aircraft to fly, so why change?).

If the 787 comes, that means that the 777 drivers will be slightly happier on the newer equipment to the same, same old destinations that the whale can't operate into. If however the A350 comes then a few bus drivers will look forward to flying this elegant beast while helping out the superior drivers with their non A380 destinations, although flying to the prime twin engine (newest shiny jet) destinations.

Either way everyone is happy. Bring on the 787 = whale drivers continue as planned (happy) while PRUne becomes a 787 is/isn't better than a 777 thread. If the A350 comes then the 777 drivers get some relief while the latest and greatest A350 takes the prime twin routes/destinations.

Either way it makes absolutely no difference to the monthly pay check or the size of most drivers family jewels.

Enjoy your coming weekend..

J