PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job in USA as a European?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2017, 10:59
Reverserbucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is she in the medical profession by chance? How long after her arrival would she be able to sponsor you to be able to join her? If I recall, she would have to be a citizen to sponsor you for either a K1 or K3 visa and that's a process that takes years (I'm uncertain how a non-US Citizen working in the US on the basis of a non or immigrant visa could sponsor another to work there but would be interested to know). Instructing is not fantastically paid in the US and can be erratic in terms of workload but as suggested, with a minimum of 200 hours instructional experience, you could potentially work at an EASA school such as CTC or CAE or one of the Florida based ATO's, then progress up to the regionals flying a T/P or CRJ then once you have a few thousand hours, up to the majors. With EU experience on CS25 types however, you could bypass the instructing and regionals.

I think I'd do a bit of research on the path to US immigration though as it's not as straightforward as your wife to be suggests. Might be quicker to find a US girlfriend perhaps and marry her?