PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near miss with 5 airliners waiting for T/O on taxiway "C" in SFO!
Old 2nd Aug 2017, 20:50
underfire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As ACA759 approached SFO, at 2355:52 PDT, the airplane flew too far right of course to be observed by the local controller’s ASDE-X/ASSC and was not visible on the ASDE-X/ASSC display for about 12 seconds.
As stated before, they could have been trying to land on 28L and the system would not have known, or it appears alerts to the issue.

[/I]The incident pilots advanced the thrust levers when the airplane was about 85 ft agl. FDR data indicate that the airplane was over the taxiway at this time, approaching the vicinity of taxiway W.[/I]
What time were the levers advanced?

[/I]At 2356:04 PDT, ACA759 reappeared on the local controller’s ASDE-X/ASSC display as it passed over the first airplane positioned on taxiway C.[/I]
Because now you have an aircraft on the taxiway so the system finds it?!?!?

[/I]About 2.5 seconds after advancing the thrust levers, the minimum altitude recorded on the FDR was 59 ft agl.[/I]
Again, a time is missing... 26 feet momentary descent! PAL was an A343 with a tail height of 56 feet...

3 feet from disaster?

So much for the afterglow...

Last edited by underfire; 2nd Aug 2017 at 21:12.